Thursday, November 10, 2011

A mouse in the house

It has been over a year since I've written anything so here we go.
We have a small visitor in our home this winter. A field mouse has decided that he/she would like to live with us.
As you know I'm a real softy when it comes to animals, even a mouse. I have done my research on how to trap a mouse and not hurt it. I have three live traps baited with the stinky cat food they are supposed to love.
The only problem is I haven't caught the darn thing. You would think after a couple days smelling the temptation I would catch something! Today I move them to different location and try again.
If I do manage to catch the little sucker I need to find a safe place to put it so it won't starve this winter. I am planning on taking it back to the brush pile and leaving it some food. I know you are surprised that I'm not building a little mouse condo with running water and heat! I do have my limits.
I'll try to write more in this blog, I promise.
In the mean time my trusty protective mop and I are off hunting down the big mean mouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment