Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mothers Day

Mothers Day when your mother is gone is strange. She has been gone for quite a while but I still miss her everyday.
I thought I would take this space to say thanks to her for all she gave me.

Thanks for letting me grow up in a house filled with love.
Thanks for letting me fail so I could learn how to succeed.
Thanks for letting me grow up to be the woman I wanted to be not what others expected me to be.
Thanks for giving me the courage to speak my mind, even if I was wrong.
Thanks for standing by me when I was wrong.
Thanks for always having a box of band aids ready.
Thanks for coming to get me at the police station when I got caught out after curfew.
Thanks for getting your drivers license so you could haul me all over town.
Thanks for getting my string bass in and out of the car when I was too small to do it myself.
Thanks for helping to mend my broken heart on more times than I can remember.
Thanks for having my first legal beer with me.
Thanks for teaching me how to tap dance.
Thanks for teaching me how to make hats out of paper bags.

Thanks for being My Mom.

Love,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment